Ditch the messy tacos and make this healthy taco salad recipe instead…loaded with delicious turkey taco meat, crunchy tortilla chips, cheese and more! Easy to prep and perfect for a meal prep lunch or dinner.
Prep Tìme : 15 mìnutes
Cook Tìme : 15 mìnutes
Total Tìme : 30 mìnutes
Yìeld : 4 servìngs
Calories: 419 kcal
- 1 lb ground turkey (or ground beef)
- 1 cup corn kerneals (from a can; drained & rinsed)
- 1 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning (or one package storebought)
- 1 cup black beans (from a can; drained & rinsed)
- 4 handfulls romaine lettuce (or iceberg; washed, dried & cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 cup tortilla strips
- 1 avocado (peeled & chopped; optional)
- sour cream
- Cook turkey over medium heat in a non-stick pan, breaking it up with a spatula. Cook for 7 or so minutes, until no pink remains.
- Drain the pan from grease or liquid if necessary.
- Add 2/3 cup of water to the pan with the taco seasoning. Cook, stirring frequently until sauce is bubbly and thickened and meat is evenly coated.
- Remove pan from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine all ingredients and divide between four bowls.
For more recìpes vìsìt : https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/taco-salad-recipe/#wprm-recipe-container-26577